Azithromycin is among the best selling antibiotics in the world. It’s made from erythrocyte, using a methyl-substituted nitrogen atom integrated in to lactones-ring, hence production 15-membered lactones. Azithromycin is used to prevent and treat a variety of bacterial infections and its use in treating sexually transmitted infections like cervicitis, non gonococcal-urethritis & Chlamydia is proven and well documented. Most bacterial infections can be prevented using this antibiotic. These bacteria are responsible for typhoid, strep-throat, middle ear-infection, sinusitis and pneumonia. It’s also used to prevent infection in infants and people with weak immune systems.
Studies have concluded that this antibiotic can be used to fight asthma. Azithromycin is regularly administered in form of tablets but may also be administered through intravenous- injection & in 1% ophthalmic-solution.
Azithromycin prevents bacteria from sprouting by employing protein-synthesis. Azithromycin joins (attaches) itself with the 50S-subunit of the bacterial-ribosome thus preventing mRNA translation.
Azithromycin antibiotic is used to treat different infections such as:
• Acute otitis media,
• Streptococcal pharyngitis,
• Gastrointestinal infections such as traveler’s diarrhea,
• Respiratory tract infections.
• This antibiotic is used to thwart bacterial-endocarditic.
It has comparable antimicrobial continuum as erythromycin and penicillin. It’s also used to fight certain bacteria like Haemophilus influenzae. However long term utilization of this drug to treat Staphylococcus-aureus infections, could cause an increase of bacterial resistance to certain macrolide-antibiotics. A combination of Azithromycin with either quinine or artesunate has used in the fight against malaria.
Azithromycin Side Effects
Some of the known side effects of Azithromycin are:
• Upset stomach.
• Stomach aches (pain).
• Mild skin-rash (allergies).
• Occasional patients have developed cholestatic-hepatitis or delirium.
• Fortuitous intravenous overdosage in infants can cause stern heart block, ensuing in residual-encephalopathy
The following symptoms are uncommon, but if you experience any of them, call your doctor immediately:
• Severe skin-rash.
• Swallowing & breathing difficulties.
• Yellowing of the eyes & skin.
• Pounding, rapid or irregular-heartbeat.
Before using this medication your pharmacist or doctor should be informed of:
• If you are pregnant, trying for a baby or breast-feeding.
• If you are suffering from kidney/liver problem, then your doctor should know before writing the prescription.
• Heart rhythm-problems.
• If you-are taking other medicines, including those available to buy without a prescription, herbal and complementary medicines.
• If you-have any experience allergic reaction to this or any other-medicine.
All medication should be kept in a tightly enclose environment and away from the children. Store the tablets at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Dispose all medication which has expired.
Azithromycin utilization usually results in dizziness, drowsiness blurred-vision, or light headedness. These effects might work against you if you are intoxicated and taking the medication at the same time. Use Azithromycin with caution. Don’t drive or operate heavy machine if you experience these signs. Azithromycin may cause sensitivity to light and expose the patient to sub-burns, so avoid direct sunlight, sunlamps, or tanning-booths until you have finished the course of the medication (Azithromycin). In case of overdose, call your local poison control center. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, contact the local emergency services.
Azithromycin is useful for many bacterial infections but its greatly celebrated as an antibiotic to treat chlamydia. You can lookup more information about it at azithromycin clinical trials.